Being Sad Is Okay.



Being sad is okay.

Life doesn't always go to plan and when it doesn't it can make you feel pretty rubbish. If a bad or upsetting event in your life it is okay to be upset. If you're feeling down for absolutely no reason that's okay too. I feel as if within the British culture it is seen as "attention seeking" to show any emotion that's not happiness.

Sadness is a normal part of human emotions and therefore you should allow yourself to feel sad or to have a bad day or even a bad week! It's also okay to talk about these negative emotions, most of the time you'll find that this is cathartic and is a really good release of all of the negativity.

When I'm feeling sad I have found a few things that can help and I recommend that you try and find a few hobbies or activities that will make you feel better. For example when I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps I like to go on a run, make some healthy food, sleep, chat to friends (I also really enjoy chocolate). I exercise and eat healthily because I know this will make me feel better about myself and generally then I have a better outlook on the situation. On the other hand sometimes you just need comfort food to get you through the harder times so it's your call on which you choose.

Being sad is okay.

However if this sadness lasts for an unusual length of time, or you have thoughts of hurting yourself or anyone else around you, please seek help. Whether this is talking to a doctor, your parents, a friend or someone at school, they can help and its important for each and every single person on this planet to realise that they matter and they have the right to be happy.

Stay safe my lovelies.

No comments: