Stress

Hello!

Something that I have learnt this year is that I get very stressed very, very easily. I first discovered this during the lead up to my Art GCSE mock exam. If you don't know what GCSE's are they are a set of exams you take in your school subjects at the age of 16, in England. 

I had never really experienced stress like this before and I found that the more stressed I got the less I got done. So I decided (with some help along the way) to find ways of de-stressing. I thought I would share these with you today.

  • Do some EXERCISE - My sport of choice would either be lacrosse or just going on a run. Exercise releases endorphins which lighten your mood. Also getting out in the fresh air can really help you think and clear your head.
  • Make LISTS of what you need to do - Make a list of what needs to be done by when and when you are going to do them. Having them visually represented in front of you is really soothing and the act of ticking off what you have done is so rewarding.
  • TREAT yourself after you've completed the tasks - This means that you have something to look forward to and  helps you keep the eye one the prize. The treat could be anything from a bar of chocolate to a day out with your friends!
  • Have a BATH - Having a bath at the end of a long day can be the best way to unwind. Have a nice playlist and light some candles and just relax. A bit of me time can never do any harm. My friend Emily did a wonderful post about having a bath which I'lll link here.
Lastly - I wouldn't say that this is an actual valid point but DO NOT PLAY THE STRESS GAME. The stress game is what me and my friends have called the times when you say to your friend 

"I'm so stressed"
"No I'm more stressed"
"Er.. No I have 6 million things to do before Friday"
"Well all of my work is due on Thursday!"

Basically don't do this because it feeds each others stress and makes everything worse. I'm fairly hypocritical for saying this but don't do it! 

To finish of lets recap:
  • Exercise
  • Lists
  • Treat
  • Bath
I hope this helps!

Much love,

Catherine xox

No comments: