Fandoms // Sherlockians

Hello!

Again another unusual post for me, but I want to share things I'm passionate about so here you go!

As my third instalment of the fandoms series I am going to talk about the sherlock fandom. We are known as the sherlockians however I have no idea why on earth we aren't called the Holmies?!? Its so much of a better name for us! But I guess that won't change so I'll have to live with it.

Sherlock the TV show is based on the books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle "Sherlock Holmes". In this series its set in modern day london. Sherlock is a "high functioning sociopath" and John is his best friend/ex-armydoctor and together the go about solving crimes with the help of DI lestrade and his team.

One of the main things that shelockians seem to talk about is the 'ship' Johnlock. If you don't know what shipping is then here is my previous post explaining the concept. Johnlock is the ship of Sherlock and John and so many people in the fandom are certain there is romance between the two.

Benedict Cumberbatch (who plays sherlock) and Martin Freeman (who plays John) are both very successful actors outside of the television series and have both been in many other films. This means that there have been HUGE gaps between the series'. These hiatuses are driving us sherlockians mental! Its like taking away our daily caffeine fix. WE NEED SHERLOCK! During the long hiatuses things like this appear:

And this:


And even this:


So PLEASE CAN MOFFAT AND GATISS GET THEIR ACTS TOGETHER AND GIVE US SERIES FOUR!!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this little insight into the world of sherlockians!

Much Love

Catherine xox

No comments: