Meeting people for the first time

Hello!

So the over the last few days my family and I have had some family friends staying with us. However this was a bit awkward to start with because we haven't seen them in 10 years, thus making it feel like I was meeting them for the very first time. So today I am writing to give you some tips on how I make it easier to make the situation less awkward and hopefully make some friends.

  1. Don't be too shy - I know for a lot of you this may be difficult but trying to step out of your comfort zone is a great way to make new friends and step out of the awkward zone.
  2. Smile - It sounds simple and it is! Smiling makes you seem like a much more open person and makes the guests or strangers feel welcome.
  3. Don't force conversation - In my opinion there is a fine line between being friendly and being pushy. Just see what flows naturally and find out what interests you may share.
  4. Do something - Its always easier to begin a conversation when you're not just sitting around so try and arrange to do something when they arrive to break the ice.
  5. Try and find something you have in common - This is a really simple way to break the ice and spark a conversation so you don't have that awkward *lets just stand here and smile at each other* moment.
I hope that this short post helped a few of you! 

Much love

Catherine xox

No comments: