My Trip to Jersey

Hello!

So last weekend my family and I went to Jersey for a weekend as a break from my GCSE revision and I thought I would share a few things from it!

I woke up at 5:30 am to catch our flight which was a 7:10. The flight was about 35 minutes long and we were there in no time! When we first arrived we went to the hotel and had breakfast because it was about 9:30. I had pancakes and bacon with maple syrup and the bacon was real american bacon which you can't really find in the UK so it was amazinggg!

Next we went to The Jersey Underground Hospital Museum and it was really interesting because it was all about the second world war when the Germans occupied Jersey and it was in underground tunnels which was really cool.


Next my mum wanted to do a tour around a vineyard which produces a famous Jersey wine. This wasn't particularly interesting for my sister and I but my parents enjoyed it and thats why we went there so it was still a success.


After this it was about 3:30 and we were all pretty tired from the early start so we headed back to the hotel and my sister and I went down to the pool and hot tub for about an hour before a nice long shower and dinner.

After dinner my sister and I decided to go on the beach in the sunset which was absolutely gorgeous. We were running through the waves as the sky turned from blue to purple to black. It was the best finish to a wonderful day.


The next day was a lot more laid back and we spent it on the beach and we went to a little cafe on the beach front for lunch. We found a little craft shop where you could create your own jewellery called Fishnbeads run by a lovely woman who helped me make some earrings and a bracelet.

An earring that I made.

After spending some more time on the beach it was time to pack up all of our things and go to the airport for the journey home. A great mini holiday with some quality family time is brilliant as an escape from the stress of GCSE's.


Much love

Catherine xox




No comments: