Just be you!

Hello!

Recently I've seen a lot of posts on my tumblr and twitter about people not loving themselves for who they are and saying that they want to change. This breaks my heart. I really wish that I could help everybody out there who doesn't like themselves because I hate seeing people unhappy like this.

However recently I have also noticed how it's seen as cocky or arrogant to like yourself or think that you have good features or something. Personally I think that this is a load of rubbish. It's not a bad thing to love yourself or to think you're pretty. I know that many people can't look in the mirror and say 'I look lovely today' without feeling like they are being arrogant or conceited.

This is wrong and needs to change! Everyone is individual and unique and this means that everyone has different features that they will like and dislike about themselves. You can love yourself without being self obsessed or cocky, and anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.

It has almost become 'cool' for people to dislike themselves. This is evident by then number of posts and notes on posts on tumblr. We need to get the message across that it's not 'cool' to hate yourself so don't put yourself down just to fit in.

I know that it can be hard to fit in sometimes but being happy with yourself is a really big step towards being a full and happy person and I think it's really important that both girls and boys alike, see that it is okay to love you self. In fact it's a brilliant thing!



Much love,

Catherine xox

No comments: